Help! Telecom prob with install

August

Registered
I can't seem to get OS X to allow me to access the internet. I can log in to my ISP using the PPP app, but no application seems to be able to interface with the connection. Internet Explorer, for example, can not resolve any DNS names.

Perhaps I don't have the right numbers in the Network settings, but I'm not sure where those numbers come from in OS 9.

Any suggestions, tips, or just to tell me I'm a fool and that it's real simple would be appreciated.

Thanks!
August

Originally posted by August
I can't seem to get OS X to allow me to access the internet. I can log in to my ISP using the PPP app, but no application seems to be able to interface with the connection. Internet Explorer, for example, can not resolve any DNS names.

Perhaps I don't have the right numbers in the Network settings, but I'm not sure where those numbers come from in OS 9.

Any suggestions, tips, or just to tell me I'm a fool and that it's real simple would be appreciated.

Thanks!
August

Hi August,

I do also have a TCP/IP problem on my IBook. I took the OS9 parameters on OS X. PPP can connect to my ISP but either Mail or Internet Explorer can't see the pending connexion.

I tried a support from Apple but i still wait their call back after 4 weeks.

Did you get an answer on your side?

My problem is: how to settle NetWork utility on TCP/IP for accessing an ISP from my modem and phone line (without DHCP or Bootp) as it works on OS 9?

Thanks.

Back