help wanted: Tutor

Mac Osxtopus

Registered
I need someone(no, i can't pay you) who can spare some time to help with teaching me c++ (over aim or some other method) and tutor me on things i don't understand over class. ANYONE would be appreciated.

I don't mean to sound rude but buy a book. Teaching a programming language to someone with little experience is a very time consuming process. I doubt that many people have enough time to sit infront of their computer and I.M. back and forth lessons on programming.

I can reccomend a few web sites if you can't afford a book but they are no substitute in the long run for a good book or a real live teacher.

http://www.cprogramming.com/
http://www.programmingtutorials.com/main.asp

You say that you are taking a class, why not ask the teacher for some help, its not a sign of weekness or stupidity, its a sign of being smart, showing that you honestly care and that you want to learn the information and not just do well in the class.

unfortunately my teacher sucks :( he really doesn't give any help, he just makes us read out of a book and do exercises given to us. What i basically wanted was, well, not really a tutor, but just someone willing to spare a bit of time explaining small things i don't understand. Like, how come you can't have a void main? People who enjoy programming, not just have it as a job.

What you could try and do is join a programming group .

It depends on your age , many of our websurfing pals are kids and not much is available .

Try out DDJ , Doctor Dobbs Journal . They have a website and a neato magazine for sale . Check out the website and it's links .

http://www.ddj.com

Many colledge's teach visual basic and all that jazz , you want to learn C++ for BSD/UNIX and that is hard to find any sold teaching in .

If your an adult try out your local Linux Users Group( LUG ) to find free advice and if your a kid look at school . I had pascal thrown at me as a kid and I wanted to get into C++ in the late 80's but there was little help back then in the internet's early ages for public use . The web now has lots to offer but solid C/C++ programming is at times quite mathematical .

If you are an adult you can look into university groups to hack with online if possible .

OSxTopus, I know what you're going through man.

My CS teacher in high school is also little help. He knows his stuff but spends most of his time in other classrooms fixing computers. What i really like about classes is that there are always people there who know their stuff. Me and my friend Jeff constantly help each other out. So if nothing else talk to the kids in your class. I'm also looking into buying a book to get me along, I'm trying to learn java and C++ at the same time but my computers being gay (something's wrong with my thingy that launches the java .class files).

If you need some help with your work you can IM me, I'm not tutor but for little questions i think i could help.

Good luck buddy.

AIM:Sublime Nate
e-mail:da_imac_daddy@mailforce.net

Back