Help!!!!! Windows 98 How Do You Connect It To Broadband

CharlieJ

R.I.P bobw
i have a belkin router and a mac a mac and a (windows 98)
i cant find a place where i can put settings in and it wont connect to the setup utility through ip adress its connected directly

Seriously though, can you please tell us what you want to do in a clear and legible manner?

i want to set up a connection on a windows 98?? and i cant find the place to do so

I HAVE NEVER USED PC BEFORE SORRY (well i have) ish

Well first off is your PC connected with an ethernet cable to your router? If so, check to see if you can connect to it by opening Internet Explorer (or whatever browser you're using) and type "192.168.1.1" into the address bar. If if says page not found then your network connections aren't setup. If it shows some Belkin page then you've got a connection and your internet most likely will work if your router is setup properly...

OK, in Windows 98, you have to right-click on the Network Neighborhood icon on the desktop and select Properties. Select TCP/IP and click on the button below that listbox to change the settings. Once you have configured it how you want it to be, OK everything and restart.

Back