Help with 60GB iPod with video

Jamali

Registered
I just got a brand new 60GB iPod. When I try to update it in iTunes, it starts out ok, then a window pops up with an exclmation point, saying
error.jpg

I seem to be able to manually add music etc. to my iPod but wha I'm really concerned about is my iPhoto Album. Currently the iPod is synced to it but because of the error I have NO photos on the iPod. The first time I connected it it worked fine but now I don't know what to do.

Please advise.

P.S I've tried resetting the iPod already.

Disconnect your iPod. Close iTunes. Upgrade to latest version of iPod software and iTunes. Restart. Then try connecting the iPod again and updating with iTunes.

Do you have all OS X updates installed?

Thanks for the reply. Do you know of any OS X programs to EASILY backup your iPod. Evidently when I bought it in Taiwan it was formatted on a Windows system so if I try to update it says I can't unless I totally restore it. Here's the funny thing, I can sync a image folder on my PC at work (no worries, I'm not even close to ever switching back to Windows LOL). I'm running 10.4.4

You can only transfer songs to the platform the iPod is set to. It's best to stick it to you mac and never let it stray to a PC (if you want to keep your music that is)

> You can only transfer songs to the platform the iPod is set to

Not sure if I understand you, but iPods (like any HD) formatted to windows can interface with the mac os, but mac formatted ipods can't be read by windows. I use my windows formatted ipod for music and as a huge flash drive to shuttle stuff between my macs and a pc. That PodUtil shareware I referred to comes in a windows version as well, which will let you transfer music between the two platforms.

Back