Help with a few things...Please...

veganjustice

Registered
Okay, I just recently installed Mac OS X 10.5 Server. Now, I seem to have everyone on my local network set up fine... But remotely, outside of my building I am having problems, not sure what I am doing wrong.

I have a partner in my business that would like to access the network remotely, he has a Windows XP machine. We need him set up to access by just FTP, as well as with a remote desktop. I have never set that up before, so not sure how to do it.

What will I need installed and running for him to access ftp to files on his account. As well as what will I need and what will he need to access a Mac and use remote desktop.

Also, what in preferences can I set to make this work? What info will I give him for the IP address to access to get into the computer.

I am kinda really really stuck at this.

Not sure what info he needs to get in, and what I need running and him running to get this to work.

If anyone can help, please, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

so first off... is he going to be accessing the server via a VPN connection? if so what is the vpn server? os x server or a network appliance? For remote desktop access, are you going to be controlling his computer or is he going to be doing the controlling of a different computer? if he's doing the controlling, what will he be controlling and where will it be located?

i think this will be an easy one... just need a little more config info...

Back