Help with confused USB port please!

emma

Registered
Can anyone help? I'm working in OS9 (not classic) on a DP 867 G4. Installed Fiery Spark & Spark Engine and put the dongle in one USB port in the keyboard. Went to then install Hermstedt Web Shuttle II, and without thinking too much about it, took the dongle out to plug in the Web Shuttle temporarily while setting up. This made the Fiery unable to launch properly so I un-installed WebShuttle and Fiery. Replaced the dongle and re-installed the Fiery but instead of sorting the problem it seems to have confused it more, in that when you launch the fiery, it just automatically gets stuck in a 'loop' of trying to connect to the internet. I'm confused now as to how to correct the port's confusion?!!

Have you tried trashing their preferences? If not, give it a try...
go to the system folder to PREFERENCES look around there and trash everything that makes a reference to either of those programs. Then restart and see if it helped. if things are still screwy, go back to PREFERENCES and trash SYSTEM PREFERENCES... then restart. keep in mind if you do trash SYSTEM PREERENCES, it won't hurt anything, but you may have to reset your custom settings.

Good luck!!
;)

Back