Help with Netscape priting issue - how to turn off header and footer when printing.

mlerch@mac.com

Registered
Hello,

I am really new here, and I don't know if this really should go in this forum.

I would like to know if there is any way to edit the Netscape 7.1 config file to turn off the header and footer, or just the header (the top line that prints out the page title and the URL location). There is no way to set that in the preferences or in the print dialog box, and it is really a pain. I know that someone here had posted a fix on how to modify the Netscape config file manually so that an external e-mail client can be used (like Entourage, Mail or Outlook Express), so maybe one of you may know a fix for my problem here. Thank you so much in advance.

Sincerely,

Mr. L

Have you gone to "Page Set up" in Netscape? You should be able to turn off headers and footers there, most likely. :)

I messed around (unsuccessfully) with this a bit, you can probably get there from here but not sure:

start with this link

and then a solution for properly rebuilding the .jar file in the Terminal (corrects the mistakes in the last link's methods) is shown here

up to you to make it work tho :)

Whenever I need to print something that wont format right, i cheat. I use shift+apple+4. Like shift+apple+3, it takes a screen shot, but 4 lets you select the area of your screen you want to capture. It saves as a pdf which I then open with preview and print. If its too big, preview will scale it for you.

Back