Help With quicktime and avi

MR EKIP

Registered
Hey im having a problem with quicktime playing avi. files it plays them (video and audio) but only the first 10 secs of the video and I was wondering if there is a way to fix that. Because I'm trying to burn them to a DVD using Toast but it still on shows the 30 min video as 10 sec. And the part where I get confused is that my VLC player plays the files fine. Im a little confused with the whole situation.

Post your computer details--processor, RAM, OS.

I had the same problem with my Widdle Mac Pismo that was a G4 550 MHz and a gig of RAM. With the newer MacBook, they play just fine.

This was not for all QT. Some played fine.

--J.D.

Post your computer details--processor, RAM, OS.

I had the same problem with my Widdle Mac Pismo that was a G4 550 MHz and a gig of RAM. With the newer MacBook, they play just fine.

This was not for all QT. Some played fine.

--J.D.

Processor: 1.42 Ghz PowerPc G4
Memory: 1.5 GB DDR SDRAM

and I im using a IBook G4 hope this will help with an answer because I hate converting files.. :(

".avi" files can contain a plethora of codecs. In VLC, get info on that file and see what was used.

Click on the file in the VLC window and hit ⌘ + I

20081002-kukdtygb8t8nctf1jtx9tdqfkm.png

Try opening one of the .avi's using QuickTime and look in:

QuickTime ~> Window ~> Show Movie Properties

I have QuickTime Pro so I'm not sure if you'll see the option to show this info??

20081002-geg5gatd42tmjj7anis7mbj29p.png

This is a Torrent file is it? It's 170 MB in size and I'm starting to feel that it may have either downloaded incorrectly or there's something wrong with the file.

Have you downloaded any other movies from the site that have worked?

You might have to re-download it ...

Sorry MR EKIP I forgot about that part .... let me re-read the thread again .... don't download it again just yet ...

What do you want to do exactly with the disc once you've burnt the .avi to it? Play it on a standalone DVD player, or for archival purposes?

Back