Help With quicktime and avi

AC3-Codec

I did a bit of googling and although this codec is designed for PPC it wouldn't hurt you to try it .... there's also a link for the DivX 5.1 download too.

It might be a bit of a long shot but worth a try:

AC3 Codec description

AC3 Codec - Play AC3 audio in AVI files

AC3 Codec is a QuickTime component which allows the playback of AC3 audio inAVI files. The component uses the liba52 library for the AC3decompressing.

First you need DivX 5.1 which correctly load the AVI file into QuickTime. Once you have DivX 5.1 installed, if you are on MacOS X, drop "AC3 Codec.component" into /Library/QuickTime, or if you are on MacOS 8.x/9.x, drop "AC3 Codec" into your Extensions folder and restart.

That's it ! Now open an AVI file that has AC3 audio, and play !

Are you 100% sure that when you play the video in VLC you can't bring up the movie properties? That's odd ...

Check to see if your player can play DivX ...

Hold on I'm a idiot just got it to work here is the info.

Stream 0

Codec: XVID

Language:

Type: Video

Resolution: 640x480

Frame Rate: 23.976044

Stream 1
Codec: MPGA

Language:

Type: Audio

Channels: 2

SIMPLE Rate 48000 Hz

Birate 128 kb/s

General

Duration: 23:00

Meta Info: HAS_INDEX_IS_INTERLEAVED

ARTIST:

Please Tell Me there was an easy way then typing it all out like that.

Please Tell Me there was an easy way then typing it all out like that.

Use the take screenshot method of Command + 4, the drag the cross-hair over the area you want to capture and release.

Then upload the image using the Manage Attachments button below the post window ...

Codec: XVID

It looks like you'll need the xvid + ac3 codec afterall MR EKIP ....

just to make sure after Im done downloading it what is the proper way to use it.

Once you have DivX 5.1 installed, if you are on MacOS X, drop "AC3 Codec.component" into /Library/QuickTime

That's from my earlier post. Follow the DivX installation proceedure, then install the AC3 codec as per above instructions and try the movie with fingers X-d ....

is there a reason that its listed as a document and that it was opened with adobe reader cant I fix that?

Yep thats a negative still the same ten seconds thats it I got to go If you have many more ideas lay them on me I'll be back later and thanks for your help so far.

Back