Help with Screen Savers.

JimmyP1

Registered
While messing where I should not have been messing I deleated the paths for my screen savers. Can anyone point me to a source to get it back in working order or would you care to show me the path for the correct way to get screen savers working. For instance, In finder I made a new folder entitled "Screen Savers" and placed it in user>library>Screen Savers>pictures. In system preferances I can click on Screen Savers/Desk Top and it is blank. How do I get my System Preferences to show the pictures in the Screen Saver File??

Any help will be appreciated. jporter@dteworld.com

On my machine it's System/Library/Screen Savers not in the user Library

Make sure you have the capitalization correct (as in my first line).

01. There can be up to three 'Screen Saver' folders - on a typical Mac -
'/System/Library/Screen Savers' - where only Apple places its screen saver files.
'/Library/Screen Savers/' - where one can put screen saver files, for all users of the Mac to have access to.
'~/Library/Screen Savers/' - where one can put screen saver files, only for their access to. If the folder does not exist, just create it.

02. There is no such (Apple provided) path as '/user/library/Screen Savers/pictures/', unless you indeed created a 'user' folder at the root level of your boot drive, then created a folder (in '/user/') and titled it 'library', then create a folder (in '/user/library/') and titled it 'Screen Savers', and finally - created a folder (in '/user/library/Screen Savers/' and titled it 'pictures'.

If you are missing a '/Library/Screen Savers/' folder, then in the '/Library/' folder, create one.

Into any of the three 'Screen Saver' folders can be placed '.qtz', '.saver', or '.slideSaver' files (and any related support folders).

03. When you click on 'System Preferences' 'Desktop & Screen Saver's 'Desktop' tab - you are viewing an empty folder because the folder '/Library/Desktop Pictures/' no longer exists, or it is empty.

---

'How do I get my System Preferences to show the pictures in the Screen Saver File??' - what pictures?, and what is meant by 'the Screen Saver File'?

Back