Help!!!!

Mariama

Registered
Hi,

I need help now!!!

I mum has just bought an old imac (slot drive G3) to learn on and I wanted to install panter on there for her, but the problem is, I know I have to update the computers firmware, but whenever I go to do it, it will not let me, as I have to use the classic mode, but it has the classic environment installed, but will not let me do anything,

how do I boot up completely in classic, or is this not possible??? plz you gotta help me!

bobw

The Late: SuperMacMod
Go to the System Preferences under the Apple, to Startup Disk and choose the OS 9 disk to start from, then restart and install the Firmware.

Mariama

Registered
It didnt work, Iv tried that so many times, now there is a flashing earth icon and file with a question mark!

and it takes ages to start, and then still says OS X on start up!

nixgeek

Mac of the SubGenius! :-)
The flashing globe means that the Mac is trying to boot via NetBoot, which means you would have to have a NetBoot server available. This is why it takes forever to boot.

Once the Mac does boot into the desktop, go to System Preference-->Startup Disk. Select the System folder you want the Mac to boot from. Apply all settings and reboot to test. Your Mac should be booting quickly once again.

Mariama

Registered
Thankyou for your help I did it yesterday...jus took forever...