Help!

MaC hAcKeR

Not nut cracker!!!
Not sure where his goes, coulden't find a troubleshooting fourm...
OK. I just got Jaguar. It looks great. However, when I start it up, the screen frezes gray. To start Jag up, I need to hold down shift while starting up. I really want to use all of Jaguars features. They look soooo cool but im a person who loves MP3's, and when you do a safe boot, theres no sound... Please help me :'(

Can you tell us what machine you have, how much RAM and HD space, hard drive partitions if you have them, OS version (i.e. is it 10.2, 10.2.1. . . ), anything else you think might be important?

Doug

I have an iMac Special Edition DV. It has 128 MB. I am running Mac OS X 10.2.5, 8.44 gigs of hard disk space. Processer: 400 MHz, PowerPC G3 and WTF is a hard disk partition?

Originally posted by MaC hAcKeR
Not sure where his goes, coulden't find a troubleshooting fourm...
OK. I just got Jaguar. It looks great. However, when I start it up, the screen frezes gray. To start Jag up, I need to hold down shift while starting up. I really want to use all of Jaguars features. They look soooo cool but im a person who loves MP3's, and when you do a safe boot, theres no sound... Please help me :'(

Did you upgrade your firmware? Did you check your HD for problems? Did you disconnect all other external devices other than mouse and keyboard? Let us know and we will try to help if that's possible... :D ;)

MaC hAcKeR,

Here are a couple ideas. I was looking at:

http://www.macattorney.com/tutorial.html

Take a look there and scroll down and read the text under the "Table of Contents"

1. Did you say that you DID update your firmware? If not, you probably need to.

2. Run Disk Utility from Applications>Utilities. Then, click on the First Aid tab at the top. Select your hard drive and repair file permissions by pressing the appropriate button.

Also, if your copy of OS X is new, contact Apple and get them to help you find the problem.

Good luck.
Doug

yes. i have firmware 4.1.9 update which i believe is the current firmware for iMac Slot loading. I updted that a long time ago, when I had 10.0 (cheatah). The same thing happend to me with 10.0, so it must be a Hardware problem.

128 MB is the theorical minimum with which it works, but it's painfully slow with it. Get as much RAM as you can, and it runs far better.

Originally posted by Giaguara
128 MB is the theorical minimum with which it works, but it's painfully slow with it. Get as much RAM as you can, and it runs far better.
Mac OS X is picky with RAM if you run X on a G3, and I have an old iMac Special Edition DV... with 128 MB of RAM. ANd Mac OS X isn't gonna run on it...

Originally posted by Giaguara
There is still out there RAM that runs on your Mac. Get more, www.apple-history.com gives indications on how much RAM each model supports .. the more, the faster.
Yes, I know. I have found a site and I am about to order a 36 buck card. It has 256 on it. Sooo... 256+128= 384 MB of RAM

Back