Hi

RMSSk8Boarder

Registered
Hi. I'm the new guy. I don't believe that this is in the right forum, but I couldn't find a "Miscellaneous" board. I found this one appropriate because I'm running OS 9. Anyway, hi. I heard about this forum from my friend voice-.

Anyway, I have a question. I heard of a little app that enables you to run OS X with 64 MB RAM. I was looking for the topic about it, but couldn't find it. Could you help me out?

Good challenge, b-u-t s-l–o–w . . . You can triple that memory (add 128 MB) for like 20-25 dollars, actually make a system almost useful, instead of just a conversation piece (a slow conversation piece):p

Your kidding right? :eek: Save yourself the grief and bump the RAM in your machine. Well worth the inverstment I'd suggest 256MB

Finch

Well, the highest system I can have is 10.1.3 and the most RAM I can add is a 256MB 144-pin PC-100 So-DIMM chip. It would peobably be better to scrap the computer and buy a new one.

You don't state exactly what computer you have (or I missed it). In any case, you can smoothly run with 256 MB of ram. The cost of additional ram is cheaper than getting a new machine.

Then you can save up of the new machine if you still don't like the results.

And if you scrap the machine, think about donating it to a school. I get some neat pieces of equipment that normally the school could not afford.

hint - I work for a public school in Chicago.

Back