High School Hockey?

RacerX

Old Rhapsody User
This may end up being a thread only Matt (MDLarson) and I post in, but what is up with Minnesota and High School Hockey? It takes over one of our stations each year. Being from San Diego, this is not only strange because it is Hockey, but also because California has some of the best High School Athletes in the country and I don't remember ever seeing any events televised.

can you say 'midwest'? they usually have plenty of weekly HS football games too during the season.

don't forget the Northstars used to be a good hockey team and now there isn't a pro team there.

Okay, usually I sit in my computer area working away on some project most of the time. I can watch movies on my sgi if the project is little more than busy-work, and sometimes I can remove all the chairs in that area and my wife and I have a picnic and watch movies together (nerd's night in, as it were). I don't watch much TV. We do get two stations of PBS which I watch from time to time, and I watch Enterprise and [/i]Third Rock[/i]. The boys and girls state Hockey championship is on the same station as Enterprise (and in past years Voyager), which is the only reason I even noticed.

Oh, and my wife has informed me that we now have a Hockey team, the Minnesota Wild. I have no idea if they are any good though. :rolleyes:

Can you believe they dumped a Bond movie (ABC Bond picture show) for high school girls basketball around here?

Back