Hilarious review about Mac Mini from a PC User

The "reviewer" isn't narrow minded - he's a complete retard.
[size=-1][font=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]"While the hardware is about roughly equivalent to a Windows PC circa 1995"[/font][/size]
[font=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]
[/font]
[size=-1][font=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Show me a PC from 1995 that had firewire, USB2.0, etc, etc.. and I'd be extremely impressed.
[/font][/size]
[size=-1][font=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]"[/font][/size][size=-1][font=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]If you believe Apple’s marketing department, the new Mini is “smaller than most packs of gum” and weighs “less than four quarters”. Well, we received our test unit from Apple yesterday, and let me say right off the bat that those claims are a wee bit of an exaggeration."
[/font][/size]​
Steve Jobs was talking about the iPod shuffle when he said that, not the Mini!

I stopped reading at this point. Don't bother reading yourself - waste of time.

Kap

This guy is the dumbest guy ever. Here are 3 reasons why:

#1. If you believe Apple’s marketing department, the new Mini is “smaller than most packs of gum” and weighs “less than four quarters”.

I THINK YOU MEAN iPOD SHUFFLE. Dumbass.

#2. The Expense of a parallel port, ps/2 port, etc.

Ok. That is from like 1996. No one uses Parallel. No one uses PS/2 or any of that other crap. Stop whining.

#3. He puts after his name, MCSE

Yeah great. Any friggin 16 year old can get one in high school in their spare time. It's not a title. That's like me saying "I know HTML." Vince Veneziani, HTML

I seriously wish this guy a horrible life. I love my mac and I'm gonna harassss him. OH! I just saw! He comes from DeVry Institute. Great. It's just a tech certification school around here in Philadelphia. Get a life/job dude. I just wrote him the longest e-mail ever about his intelligence being non-existant. Oh god I'm sick.

If you look at the rest of the site, it seems as though it's all just pure sarcasm. Check out the one about the guy who installed Linux for his grandmother. "Which would she like best: LILO or Grub??" I mean, c'mon...

Too me, it seems more like poking fun at MCSEs than bashing the Mac.

Read it again with this in mind, and you'll see the humor. :p

Easy boys & girls... Like gerbick said, it's just a satirical site. I saw the same thing happen the Australian mac page, appletalk.com.au - people were going nuts over the article!

By they way, the "Linux for his grandmother" piece is a crack up. :)

Man that is funny

Apple includes a program called Mail, which is like a stripped-down email client that can’t execute scripts or open attachments without user intervention.*

Woohoo!

* My Office 2003 CD would not install, despite claims I had heard from Mac fanboys that OS X is compatible with Office.* Heck, the Internet Explorer icon isn’t even out on the taskbar by default, it’s buried in the c:\applications folder.*

I see 3 things wrong with this sentence

1) he should know that a the windows version of office isn't going to work
2) he uses IE *twitch*
3) there is no C:/ drive

*sigh* so happy i am not so ignorant

Ceroc Addict said:
It's not good satire.

Kap

The author is really have a dig at both sides though...here he takes the piss out of windows:

"So is the mini a maxi value?* For me, clearly, no.* When I consider that a good deal of my time is spent running applications like Disk Defragmenter, Scandisk, Norton AV, Windows Update and Ad-Aware--none of which are available for the Mac platform--it doesn't make sense for me to "switch" to a Mac at this time."

pigdog said:
The author is really have a dig at both sides though...here he takes the piss out of windows:

"So is the mini a maxi value?* For me, clearly, no.* When I consider that a good deal of my time is spent running applications like Disk Defragmenter, Scandisk, Norton AV, Windows Update and Ad-Aware--none of which are available for the Mac platform--it doesn't make sense for me to "switch" to a Mac at this time."
Don't find that particular funny either.

Kap

Its not the authors fault if you guys cant speak english.

its very clear he is being sarcastic in every sentence of his article.

and if u read it more than once you will see that he is rather ironic and mean towards pcs and windows.

i see him more as a humouristic mac enthusiast :)

before commentint on the article read every bit of it more than once !!!

loved it. "In today’s climate of non-stop worms, trojans and viruses, releasing a computer with no virus removal software is irresponsible on the part of Apple." ahahahahaha i love winding people up who got they're pc tied into knots with spyware..... ahahahahahamac

Clever, clever sarcasm. You really have to read carefully.

By the way, we CAN get Office 2003 working on a Mac Mini. Just buy the Mac adapter, called VirtualPC for $99, install your own "copy" of WindowsXP (don't steal software, what's it called when you "borrow" it for a long time?), and away you go.

;)

Doug

"no 5.25 bays", is he referring to the 5.25 floppy disks?? that is absolutely insane! hahah
"no PS/2" , wtf!?!?! no one uses PS/2 anymore either. I realize the humor here, this guy is secretly a Mac FAN! hahah. he may as well have written a piece about how he got a new car and hated it b/c it would not accept the factory radio from his '89 Geo Metro.

Back