Home Office 08/2007

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
Well, I decided to take some updated photos, and took them during the day over the weekend so that I could open up the windows.

This uses around 5 photos merged together so you may see some oddities in the details. ;)

Attachments

• Office2007_Panorama_v2.png
    Office2007_Panorama_v2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 265
Beautiful...
The metal of the Mac and display works also as material nicely as there is so much of the softer materials.

Gosh! That's gorgeous. Wish the Mac Mini i'll be getting in a few weeks, would support dual monitors, but it doesn't. At first I thought the glass look was aweful, but this is truly beautiful.

I still have it set up the same way for the most part. Had to replace the overhead light, it had a fuse in it that kept going out and I got tired of dealing with it, so had to give it to the trash man and replace it with a local model (no IKEA near me and no plans to go anytime soon).

The only thing I dislike about my office is it needs it's own environmental controls. It was not designed properly for cooling, so I have to use a window unit to keep it cool, as it's the only room in the upper floor of the house (minus the attached bathroom) and in the winter, I have to use an electric oil radiator to keep the temp up when it gets below 45 outside, which this winter has been almost every day it seems.

You'd get better stereo sound if you moved the speakers further apart. ;-)

Nice... I really like the feng shui of the room. I really hate doors and windows being behind me.

Now if someone would just invent a chair that could roll on carpet. (Am I the only person on the planet who doesn't like those Herman Miller chairs?)

And, seriously, what office is complete without a heavy duty shredder?

Ironically, my wife and I are heading to IKEA today. I showed her this picture and she loved the desks and the cabinets. Something like that would definitely take all of my equipment. I just wonder if it will fit in the room along with another desk.

Well, glad everyone likes my office... I like it too. Although now I have another office outside the home, my home office I use daily in the early morning hours before the little ones wake up.

Not much has changed, just shuffled some items on the desk around.

Scott, I did see that desk when we were there yesterday. It's a bit smaller than I had thought, but still very nice. My wife is going to purchase that desk along with the shelves that can attach to it. I saw another one that really took my interest for my synths and computers. Can't say I remember the name at the moment, but it was very beautiful.

Yea, there is an extension to that desk which is what I have which extends the desk about 24 inches or so. You might be able to see it in the picture, a line between the iMac and the 2nd monitor.

I haven't been to IKEA in 3 years. My hope is to make it up to Chicago this year sometime and go again.

Yea, there is an extension to that desk which is what I have which extends the desk about 24 inches or so. You might be able to see it in the picture, a line between the iMac and the 2nd monitor.

I haven't been to IKEA in 3 years. My hope is to make it up to Chicago this year sometime and go again.

Yes, I had forgotten to mention that I saw the extension there at the store, although I think it is an extra expense.

There is an IKEA in Ft. Lauderdale, so it's not that much of a drive for me in Miami (~45 minutes). This particular one just opened sometime last year and it has always been packed from what I've heard. I got to see just how packed yesterday afternoon. :p

I was also checking out the desk chairs there, but I need something that can raise up pretty high so that I can comfortably play my synths (the ones I saw there were still a bit low).

Back