Homedir configuration on OSX

jfmartel

Registered
Hello, basically what I want to do is to get the same thing I can get from a W2K domain with WXP with a 2K3 and OSX. I have only a W2K domain, no OSX Server.

I'd like to be able to logon on a OSX with Active Directory user account and mount on the "home directory" on the desktop. I don't want user to work directly on the network and I don't want any synchronizing service enabled.

Home directory is set in the property of the user. In Windows, when a user logs on, the "home directory" is set to a letter in "my computer" then the user copy manually the files and folders he want to backup.

So far with OSX I've been able to authenticate with AD account on the OSX and get some sort of "home directory" mounted. But there are a few problem. User has a local home folder.

1) There is a "Library" folder automatically created on first logon on the OSX. How to disable that?

2) the user still can synchronize ALL his user folder to the network.

3) The mount on the desktop is mapped to "\\my.domain.local\SHARES$" instead of "\\my.domain.local\SHARES$\USERNAME". The folder in the dock is mapped correctly.

Is there any configuration I am missing or this is normal behavior as long as I don't have a OSX Server with OD?

Thanks!

Back