Homedrive sync serurity issues

eddg

Registered
Hi,
I run an OSX Tiger server with both Tiger and Leopard clients connecting and using the home drive sync settings within Tiger Server.

We have found that when users and syncing their profiles/home drives they can see all the data in other users home drives (including all of the contents of the folders).

Whilst this is not having an impact on the operation of the server, it does raise security issues when the end users can see the documents held in the home drive of all other users.

The server is fully patched and the access controls prevent someone just navigating to data in a different users home drive. This only happens during the sync process which can take a while since they all have a large amount of data.

Hi,

we are using the sync account for off line use in the mobility section within the user accounts admin section on the server.

cheers

Ed

I've been experimenting with this for the past few weeks on my own computer and I cannot find where it is saving the backup profile which makes me wonder if it is actually working correctly. I've looked at the server settings and every location I can think it might be, but still can't find it.

Kent

Back