How about a macosx.com email addy? or macsrule.com?

Would you Switch? (read posting)

• Yes, a @macosx.com mail addy.

• Yes, a @macsrule.com mail addy.

• No, sticking with .Mac

• No, going with my ISPs or Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm gonna stick with my original provider. Free from my friend, and includes ssh, pine and squirrelmail. :)

i think you should make a few options
Free: 8MB
$5/month: 15 Mb
$15/month 45 Mb

i think it would be cool (becuase i where E-mail Domains like badges :D. I have an E-mail address at my school, and i am the only student that has one . and i have one at Swirve.com because i used to like Utopia but i don't anymore...)

in my profile....
Something like this guys?? Hehehe...it's cuz I am a writer for the dutch macosx Forum at macosx.nl ..I got it for free (thanx Adriaan!);)

Originally posted by gibbs

I already have free email that is world class quality, but thanks.

gibbs or anyone really:

Could you possibly suggest a good and stable lo-cost or free email provider (possibly POP3, no need for high capacity)?

Many thanks,

Jens

Originally posted by gibbs

I already have free email that is world class quality, but thanks.

gibbs or anyone really:

Could you possibly suggest a good and stable lo-cost or free email provider (possibly POP3, no need for high capacity)?

Many thanks,

Jens

Originally posted by ropers

gibbs or anyone really:

I've been with www.your-site.com for a couple of years now and it's been great. $60/year, too.

i am so all over it! i am really really upset about the .mac crap. for all the money we spend to be mac users, they couldn't stand to offer us one crummy little thing for free, could they?

Hey Admin,

I'm game for your plan. $20/year is acceptable. I don't need 100MB of iDisk space Apple is promoting, the 20MB (with formerly iTools) was fine with me, but all I really need is an email acount. Admin, this sounds like a great money making opportunity for you and a way to keep us Mac enthusists happy. Hec, who knows, may this could raise enough money in the future to where you could actually run this site from an Apple XServe! I think you should go ahead with an email subscription for macosx.com. I'll be the first to sign up. Once again, Apple is going to find out that the ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR drives consumers this way and that way, avoiding Apple (and other companies) when they're too expensive for a service or a product. Go with it Admin. I've been wanting to donate some money to this site anyway.

Originally posted by spookyfusion
i am so all over it! i am really really upset about the .mac crap. for all the money we spend to be mac users, they couldn't stand to offer us one crummy little thing for free, could they?

Nothing is for FREE (as in beer) any more. I don't mind paying Apple for an email acount, JUST NOT $100/year!!! They need to lower their expectations. If Apple REALLY wants to make money with .Mac, it is going to have to partition expenses with features. If you want this extra feature, it's going to cost you this extra much. It's the only way it will fly with Mac enthusiasts. REMEMBER now, we all just learned that Apple Macintosh owners are more educated than average PC users, so we know a good or a bad deal when we see one. If Apple wants to make money, they really should think things out better. Steve Jobs, or whoever thought out this .Mac thing obviously makes alot of money and thinks that parting with $100/year is pretty easy to do. Not everyone gets an Ivy League education and makes hords of money. Some people scrimp and save just to own a Mac, and Apple forgets or does not realize this. Parting with $100/year for .Mac is not easy to do, or else that petition against .Mac wouldn't have 17000+ signatures behind it. Way to go Steve...Apple always seems to miss the target. It charges too much for some things, alienating itself in the market place time after time. Sometimes I think it's business model is flawed.

oh not to undermine the macosx.com email idea but i just set up my own mailserver and i am so excited about it hehehe. i just had to share. it seemed pretty complicated, but it worked - uhm, of course, you have to own a domain name first. anyway, i use a free service at mydomain.com for redirection and i used ArGoSoft Mail server - a freeware app that I am running on my XP laptop. which doesn't do a hell of a lot else these days. :)
i am curious, tho, does anyone use a mailserver thru X - i mean a free one? i wanted to use my pc laptop because i don't use it much otherwise, but i am curious b/c if i ever had a 'spare' mac i may set up a server.

Back