How big is your hard drive?

How big is your hard drive?

• less than 6GB

• 6 to 10 GB

• 10 to 20 GB

• 20 to 40 GB

• bigger

Results are only viewable after voting.
My HD on my G4 400 is only 12 gigs. I got the shaft. And my 7500/100 HD is 1 gig. Anyone know where I can get some HDs for dirt cheap?? :)

internal = 10gb
externals = 80gb and 40gb firewire

just added the 40 and still deciding if i want to keep this brand or not. will have some 40 regardless from now on. from my experience, i would reccomend not getting one over 40 as many tasks just take too long on the 80. better to have several smaller, more managable ones. might solve this problem by partitioning the bigger ones but i didn't have the foresight to do this and now i have nowhere to put everything to reformat.

one of the best features of osx is how much faster and smoother firewire runs.

I got a 60GB IDE ATA-100 7200 RPM IBM Deskstar Internally in my iMac. this baby is fast. :D
whew thats a lot of specs.
And a 20GB SCSI 5400 RPM Seagate Barracuda 18GB external drive with a SCSI to Firewire adapter. Fast as hell for what it is :)

I'm using two forty disk RAID arays (rack mounted).

The first one contains twenty Seagate ST34520N 80 gig hard disks, in 2x10 RAID mode.

The second contains twenty Seagate ST38500N 100 gig hard disks, in 2x10 RAID mode.

So, that adds up to 800 gigs in the first, and 1TB in the second.

Of course they are in ultra scsi2 mode. The chassis is SGI.

I F$#^ing wish!

Cube's internal 20 gig drive. I probably could use a faster one though.

By the way, about the poll. Since I'm on the borderline, should I use the 10-20 gig option or the 20-40 gig option? Too late, I chose the bigger one to screw up the poll. :D

In my little corner of San Francisco they would accuse anyone starting a discussion like this of being a "size queen". ;)

Back