How can Apple justify their prices when they have fallen to far behind?!

Hey Fryke ... you suck. :)

Seriously though, I think Apple's prices are a little stiffer than I'd like, but they're better than ever. The intel compatible slice of the PC industry is even cheaper, but in every sense of the word, not just price. I'm glad they're both there, and yes Apple does need to watch its Price vs. Value Added ratio. I'm glad there is competition in the market. My next purchase will be an Apple.

And the link posted by Valrus is awesome.

I think I agree with everyone here including our thread originator. Let's face it, this boils down to two things:

Q: Are Macs too expensive?
A: Yes.

Q: Are they worth it?
A. Yes.

I'm sure anyone here could give a valid argument for anything in between these two questions, but everytime I even *think* about a new computer I go through this rather tedious flowchart in my head and come up with the same results. Macs are difficult for the average user to afford. I think one day far off in the future when I am totally loaded I will have a house full of G200s or whatever exists at that point in time, but for now I have to make sacrifices to use the computer I want to use. And really, it's worth it to me!

Amen spookyfusion.

You may have to fight senne for that avatar... :D

-the valrus

When you buy an Apple, you are paying for the quality and the durability. I am still using a Blue & White G3. I have kept up with the pace just by upgrading to 320 MB of RAM. My G3 runs just as smoothly as it did they day I bought it. Also, I am currently running OS 10.1.5, and have had the latest version of Mac OS since the day I bought it - it has never crashed once. I doubt you will ever hear a testimonial like this from a PC user. Therefore, I don't mind paying more for quality.
-Doofy

Originally posted by spookyfusion
really? does he/she have the same one? this icon came in the radiohead set. :)

Ooo - which radiohead set? There are a few.

He has the black and white minotaur, same as yours but monochrome and a bit bigger.

Maybe you could go with a picture of Thom Yorke and freak everyone out. :D

-the valrus

You get what you pay for, and as always, it comes down to the purpose to which you plan to put your computer. If you are so hung up on Windows, get a Windows machine. If you want an alternative that actually works better, get a Mac.

I've bought and owned all sorts of computer systems, and for me at least, I've come to prefer Apple's products. If I were a 3D-gamer-quake-head my opinion might be different.

Apple leads by leaps and bounds when it comes to quality, useability, interface, and reliability. For those among us who actually value what a computer is capable of doing higher than how many megahertz it can churn out, Apple is one of the best options.

I value my time highly. Thats why I use a Mac.

Back