How can I create a double click icon to run script shell

jsn

Registered
Hi

how can I create an icon in mac os x, that runs a script shell that has arguments.

I installed netbeans and to run it I need to go in terminal moce and type :

./runide.sh -jdkhome System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home -uicom.apple.mrj.swing.MacLookAndFeel -fontsize 10

Can I do that in a simple Icon with a double click?

Thanks
jose

thanks
jsn

If you have the Developer tools, you can try using MRJAppBuilder to build a double clickable Java application, given the class files, jars, parameters, etc. Its quite easy to use.

There is some way to do this by creating a bundle directory, hmmm something to learn everyday...

You can make a script file with a ".command" extension, and the Finder will run it:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/Developer/forte/bin/runide.sh -jdkhome System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home -uicom.apple.mrj.swing.MacLookAndFeel -fontsize 10
You probably need to make the .command file executable with a "chmod +x Forte.command" or something. Of course if you don't like the .command in the name, make a link to it and rename the link!

Cheers.

-Rob

but create a small app that interfaces with terminal in realbasic that sends that command. Why do you need it, if it is just at startup or a specific time try setting up a cron job.

I tried the .command changing it to +x to run it but it does not work. did you try it?

using the program MRJApplication I would litke to have an explanation about how to run frte or netbeans from an icon. give me an example please

thanks
jose

Back