How can i have my phone connected at the same time as using my powerbook

SOMEYOUNGUY

Registered
i can only use dial up in my area and would like to have my phone and computer connected at the same time. Any suggestions? Thanks in advanced

I don't think it's possible.

My brother in law said he could use his phone while connected, but he was using 128k ISDN and had to buy a second dial-up line to get that much. When he used the phone his computer dropped speed and just used one of the lines.

So a second phone line is probably the only way :(

if you have a v.92 modem and your isp supports v.92, you can use a feature that allows you to automatically suspend the dial up session if it detects an incoming call and resume the session when the call is finished. You still can't do both on one line, but it's workable.

You will need to either get ISDN or talk through your mac to do both at the same time. The problem is, I don't know how to talk through your mac... And if adsl or cable is not supported, I don't think ISDN is.

SOMEYOUNGUY said:
i can only use dial up in my area and would like to have my phone and computer connected at the same time. Any suggestions? Thanks in advanced

If you mean can you have both hooked up to the phone line at the same time: Yes, you can. Just can't talk on the phone and be connected to the Internet simultaneously, which I guess is what you meant. Maybe a satellite connecton?

Back