How can I run both mac os x

loretha

Registered
How can I run both mac os x and vista on the same computer? Hi, I have a pc currently running windows vista. How can I also have my computer run mac os x so that when I start up my computer it lets me choose if I want to run mac os x or vista.

You can't.

You can go the other way, run Windows on a Mac, but you can't legally (or even technically in 99% of cases) run OSX on a PC.

You can't.

You can go the other way, run Windows on a Mac, but you can't legally (or even technically in 99% of cases) run OSX on a PC.

That aint true, I personally use MAC for development and own a PC but before I even considered buying MAC, I've searched on how to run OSX on PC and I saw a lot of people done it using various techniques.

You can use google to see for yourself.

That aint true, I personally use MAC for development and own a PC but before I even considered buying MAC, I've searched on how to run OSX on PC and I saw a lot of people done it using various techniques.

lbj clearly stated that you cannot run MacOS X on a PC legally. He is fully aware of the fact that it can be done illegally. That's is why he used the modifier legally. It is, however, a violation of the rules of this forum to discuss the illegal methods.

As MisterMe said.

The only legal way to run both Mac OS X and Vista on the same computer is when the computer in question happens to be a Mac and running Mac OS X, and then use Boot Camp and/or VMware Fusion or Parallels to run Vista. In case of Boot Camp you can boot to either, or with the other two softwares (which do support Boot Camp partition too) you could virtualize the OS and run the Windows OS while you are booted in Mac OS X.

The legal note being as Mac OS X can only be installed on Apple-branded computer as defined by its user license.

Back