How can you bitch about the iPod?

If anything is breakthrough in this product, its the software, not the hardware.

I know i know, we've all seen endless lists of parts in the iPod that add up to less than $400. If you want a 6GB drive, and a 64 MB MP3 player, well...go ahead. Its problably a better deal from the pure hardware standpoint.

What is breakthrough about this product is iTunes 2. It's actually **syncing music** not just schedules and phone numbers. Thats the breakthrough idea. Imagine years from now when all of your devices will be interconnected. Text, Audio, Video...it will all be available. This is the breakthrough.

Not only does your iPod sync, it does it quickly and it recharges while doing it.

Are you starting to get the point? This really is part of the digital hub, it allows you to have your files (at least music right now) whenever you want them, wherever you want them.

Sure, you could have looked at the Apple II and pointed out a few things that it was missing and how expensive it was, but that doesn't make it any less of a breakthrough product. Its the idea that counts.

While I admit that this product might become another cube because of its price, i would like you to see how the iPod is beginning to allow you to erase the boundaries of computing.

No hard disk or solid state MP3 player can boast this. No hard disk or solid state MP3 player is as well thought out as the iPod.

Matirx makes a very good point. Although I would debate the level of breakthrough the iPod offeres to the industry.

The recharging through the firewire port is great! Unlike anything that you could buy in a third party product.

Syncing is not a new idea. In fact, it's a bit overlooked for the laptop users of the world.

iTunes is great... I use it every day at home and work. In fact, I'm using it right now. iTunes2 is sure to be a great product... and a free one at that. I heard it's just SoundJam with an Apple skin... Is that just a rumor or is it true?

Back