How center a desktop pic?

Gambit

MacManiac
I dont understand...just a sec ago I had choices in my System Preferences/Desktop to either center my choosen desktop picture, fill the screen, tile and some other thing.

When I opened the System Prefs/Desktop again, while fiddeling around with pictures, the choice was gone!

Now theres just the option of choosing pictures folder and, of course, choose to change pictures ever X mins.

How can I get back the choice to plant the picture in different ways on my desktop? :confused:

Any idea of what has happened?

Regards,
/G

As in you upgraded to OS X and now the feature's missing? I don't think there are specific ways to center a picture, but there are workarounds.

If you have Photoshop, you can turn your pictures into PNG's with a transparent border around that makes the picture the size of your screen. For example, if you had an 800x600 photo and you wanted to center it on a 1024x768 screen, you would use the Canvas Size option to make a border around the picture 112 pixels to the left and right and 84 pixels above and below, make this border transparent, and save it as a transparent 24 bit PNG. (You can do this in Graphic Converter, too, if you don't have access to Photoshop.)

I'm not sure why Apple removed these options, but the trick I suggested may work. I'm just not sure what will show through since you can only have one background, instead of a picture on top of a tiled pattern.

Thank for your input and tips.
I both have P-shop and GC so I can work around things but the wierd thing is....it was there, I tell you!

The option to choose in System Prefs, tile, center etc was there and I used it (!) and I might put in there that I dont have OS9 at all on my HD.
Have not used OS9 for over a year now.

Its wacko that you say that the option does not exist in OSX because it WAS there :confused:
I even showed it to my g/f, so Im not loony :D
Then just some mins. later...it was gone.
Just like that!

Ah well *shrugs*

Regards,
/G

Where I looked?
System Preferences/Desktop.
When you click on that icon you get this:

...but when I clicked on it it also had a similar choice button as the "collection button", on the right next to the choosen picture. With that button I could chose tiles, fill screen etc.

Nevermind, mabye it was just a freak happening. A good one but now its gone.

/G

Attachments

• systemprefs.jpg
    systemprefs.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 7
Back