How copy Safari bookmarks?

Gambit

MacManiac
I guess I'm not the first one to pester readers in this forum with this rather repetitive question (as I assume it is) but:

If I want to back up my Safari bookmarks, how do I do that in the best way? And which file is it really that I have to dublicate/copy? The .xml file or the .plist?

I'm sure there are ppl. out there that have messed up their system and had to go get from scratch and had a pain in the *** trying to remember their bookmarks :p

Regards,
/G

Bookmarks are stored in " home directory / Library / Safari / Bookmarks.plist ", and you might want to copy the cookies file " home directory / Library / Cookies / Cookies.plist ", and even the preferences file " home directory / Library / Preferences / com.apple.Safari.plist ". One nice benefit of having a .Mac account is that the bookmarks are synchronized using iSync.

Regards,
Bill

WilliamW said:
Bookmarks are stored in " home directory / Library / Safari / Bookmarks.plist ", and you might want to copy the cookies file " home directory / Library / Cookies / Cookies.plist ", and even the preferences file " home directory / Library / Preferences / com.apple.Safari.plist ". One nice benefit of having a .Mac account is that the bookmarks are synchronized using iSync.

Regards,
Bill

Thanks Bill!

/G

Back