How did you come to MacOSX.com?

xoot

Got xoot?
Share your stories here. How did you come to MacOSX.com?

My (fake) story:

It was a dark and stormy night. I was sitting at my computer, frightened. Suddently, my computer started typing in macosx.com. I liked it there, so I signed up.

My (real) story:

I was bored, so I typed in macosx.com to see what it would do. It turned out to be a community, so I signed up and had a lot of fun here.

btw, this is my first MUG.

lol so funny, i was bored also. "ill try macosx.com..... ooooo a forum, cooool" now a year later i still type in macosx.com everyday.

i found it thru the preinstalled bookmarks in icab.:D

you'd be surprised at some of the stuff you find in those bookmarks.

I thought MacOSX.com belonged to Apple in 2000, that only press3.com was there.

I guess that that was wrong. :)

It was actually quite a different story for me.

I had just installed the lastest version of Mac OS 10 (10.0.1, duh!) and was not prepaired for what it brought to me! It took me 9 hours to install AOL (Yes, I know how bad it sucks, that's not what this topic is for!) and when I finally got on the internet I decided to search the net for something that could help me get to know OS X quicker...so I decided to give macosx.com a try...sure enough!

Although at the time I thought it was owned by Apple. Until they were asking for Moderators I knew something fishy was up. :p

Am I the only one who can type macosx.com in under 1 second because of coming here everyday for the past year?:D

Originally posted by xoot
I thought MacOSX.com belonged to Apple in 2000, that only press3.com was there.

I guess that that was wrong. :)

As I understand it, Admin registered the domain name pretty quickly after Apple announced the name of the new OS (which was WELL before the release). Opportunistic, huh? Strong work, Admin! :D

I was looking at apple owned sites...
like www.newton.com so I decided to see if macosx.com was taken by apple...but it wasnt lol ;) --- and I came here :D -- this was when I bought the PB :D

Originally posted by xoot

I was bored, so I typed in macosx.com to see what it would do. It turned out to be a community, so I signed up and had a lot of fun here.

Yeah, I second that too! :)

Boredom, and an unquenchable thirst for more info on macosx.com...

It was funny too I had seen forums, but never really participated much... Now I'm quite the addict. ;)

I was introduced to an indigo iMac running OS X one rainy nightshift at a certain multi-national computer centre. A friend had brought it in for - well - its questionable content which took up most of his hard drive.
Allthough he didn't understand Unix et al, he did show me the terminal, and being a Linux fan I was instantly fascinated. "Where can I find out more about this?" I asked.
"I've found MacosX.com are very good." He told me.
I spent a lot of time researching, and was close to being a convert.
A few weeks later, the new iBooks were launched, and that sealed the deal. I ordered one the very next day. That was a year ago. It took 6 weeks for one to arrive, but damn, it was worth the wait!

Anyhow, a year later and I'm still visiting here at least once a week, my PC has been given away to my sister, and I am as much a Mac fanatic as anyone can be. I've nearly converted my Unix teacher ... after showing him how I can write a shell script to sort through MS office files, how I can have PhotoShop running right next to Gimp, and how I can control everything via SSH, he is left with that haunted look in his eyes that shows he has seen a different world ... ;)

Back