How did you meet your other half (gf, bf, wife, husband, true love etc)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainQuark

93 93/93
I used to own a bar in the south of Spain – Marbella, to be exact. One night this strangely alluring Swedish woman came in and conned me out of 11 bottles of Becks (not all at once, you undertsand ;) ). By closing time we decided to go to the local fiesta and boogied on til' dawn. The rest, as they say, is history.
 

Flomac

Registered
I have a similar story like quiksan's. I met my girlfriend, soon to be wife, at jury duty last year. I was sitting in the court house all alone when she comes up to me and asks me if I went to Annandale (my elementary school). I said yes and we start talking. She was my first girlfriend ever and my first kiss. We didnt see each other for ten years since we left fifth grade back in '94. I didnt think I would ever see her again. And now here we are. In love. :)
 

Miss_Lateralus

Registered
I met my boyfriend (who I hope to marry) at high school. We clicked on so many levels straight away, but I refused to date him. He kept pursuing me and eventually I gave in.

I am absolutely mad about him, and I can't wait to marry him (if and when he asks) we will have been together for four years in 2 months time and we're both young at 22, but I know its true love.
 

Lt Major Burns

"Dicky" Charlteston-Burns
smashing pumpkins can be excellent - very proggy and slightly wierd, like tool and apc. listen to "for Martha" on Adore. perfect prog

EDIT: wait! this isn't a music forum! sorry. but i've said it now....
 

Convert

Tech
Miss_Lateralus said:
I met my boyfriend (who I hope to marry) at high school. We clicked on so many levels straight away, but I refused to date him. He kept pursuing me and eventually I gave in.

I am absolutely mad about him, and I can't wait to marry him (if and when he asks) we will have been together for four years in 2 months time and we're both young at 22, but I know its true love.

Glad to hear :)

If anyone's going to say "You're too young to marry" they're totally wrong. I don't think anyone knows the love between you and your boyfriend as well as you do.

I hope you get married.

I don't think I will marry. Life of humanitarian work is what I want, don't want to have a family, as getting killed and leaving a family behind, is the last thing I want to do.
 

Miss_Lateralus

Registered
I get your point Convert thanks, on the flip side it scares me to death if I think about losing him. Does that mean you wouldn't have kids either?
 

CaptainQuark

93 93/93
Many people say that getting married too young is a bad thing – all that commitment when you should be out travelling and having a good time, etc, etc, etc. BULLDUST! If you really love someone and marriage is the kind of arrangement that suits you both, go for it!

But hold off on the kids! They really DO cramp your style.
 

nixgeek

Mac of the SubGenius! :-)
CaptainQuark said:
Many people say that getting married too young is a bad thing – all that commitment when you should be out travelling and having a good time, etc, etc, etc. BULLDUST! If you really love someone and marriage is the kind of arrangement that suits you both, go for it!

But hold off on the kids! They really DO cramp your style.
I second that wholeheartedly. :confused:

My wife and I had our first born a year after we got married. It just kind of happened....we were trying and then decided to wait. Yet, we were still..you know...and usually when you aren't pushing the "we have to have a baby" idea is when it happens. ::ha::

Mind you, I wouldn't trade it for anything, but it is tough. Enjoy the marriage as a couple, since that's what is important first and foremost. It definitely helps build the foundation once you guys have developed and nurtured that relationship before having kids, otherwise it will be a strain. Not impossible, but more difficult than if you had waited to have kids some years.
 

Convert

Tech
Miss_Lateralus said:
I get your point Convert thanks, on the flip side it scares me to death if I think about losing him. Does that mean you wouldn't have kids either?
Oh I'd love to have kids. It's just I doubt I'll find anyone to love me anyway. I would apply for adoption, but to be honest, kids would ruin my plans (aid work), it'd be horrible.
 

Cheryl

Rosie Moderator
Staff member
Mod
Posting on a 15 year old thread is a no-no. Pushing a Australian teen dating site is very questionable.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top