HOW DO I: Block the port that MS Office uses to scan my network?

IceDogg25

MacAddict
Hi, If you saw my other post about the "MS License Agreement" maybe you can help me. I want to install MS Word v.X on more than 2 computers, but it won't let me. A guy told me that I should try blocking the port that MS Office uses to scan my network for other MS programs that have the same serial number. How do I do this? PLEASE REPLY:confused: :confused:

i believe we told you in the other thread to do a search because this has already been discussed on this board.

if you don t want to go through the effort of doing a search, then perhaps you can do us one favor: don t start a new thread for this. delete this thread, and post your request in the original thread, and we will help you there>

thank you

There is always someone who woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

sudo ipfw add 0 deny udp from any to any 2222
sudo ipfw add 0 deny tcp from any to any 3464

That will do it!

I was wondering the same thing too!

Anyway, do we have to keep tying those commands everytime we log on or will that command "stay"?

One little correction to that: if you give the two ipfw lines the same command number, the second will overwrite the first. What you want would be more like

sudo ipfw add 1 deny udp from any to any 2222
sudo ipfw add 2 deny tcp from any to any 3464

Is there a way to make those commands "stick"? It seems that after reboots you have to reapply the commands...

Back