How do I contact Apple UK to send my Pbook back in for repairs?

Convert

Tech
Hey there,

Basically, I have a few problems with my powerbook and wish to send it in to Apple UK for repairs. I wanted to know how I could contact them, I've checked the support section at Apple.com/uk and all I've gotten is... numbers I don't need. Is it possible to email them? I'd rather do it that way because I am horrible on the phone to talk to, I stutter, etc.

The Pbook is still under One year warranty. Also, to send it off, what information do I need? There was no invoice provided with the laptop, only the order status page online, order number, etc.

Thanks!

i've always had the shop were i bought my stuff take care of any problems.. don't know what you should do if you ordered online trough the uk apple-store, but if you did buy it in a shop, go there and have them take care of whatever's wrong..

on a sidenote; if there was no invoice provided, i wouldn't count on having an easy go with anyone concerning warranty. at least where i come from, the invoice and espcially the date on the invoice is a huge door-opener when it comes to warranty stuff. i've never ordered trough apple online, but i know something tells me they are obliged to give you an invoice, legaly-wise.. how do you write it of your taxes for example(if you may..), with no invoice?

alex.

Yeah, I was wondering why I had no invoice but I thought the online Order status page, with the order number, etc, woul be good enough. If I can't send my laptop in because Apple didn't provide an order number... what can I do?
Yeah I ordered it online.

All Apple should need is the serial number.

Try this number;

(44) 0870 876 0753

don't know, really, but what about asking your retailer(was it the apple-store??) about why it didn't come qith an invoice...? explain the matter, and explain that it didn't really cross your mind before now because of this and that you know.. ask if they can make you one, just with the old date. most stores, and most online stores, keep a good archive of such things, so maybe its just a small issue wich will be arranged in notime..

anyway, it is their fault, not giving you an invoice, thats for sure, so if they wanna argue, do so. and lay on some thick words. ask to speak with the manager etc. as i said, they should have given you the invoice - they are obliged to do so - so the "law is on you side" ;)

hope it helps.
concerning apple, though. it might actually help to call their service hotline. i recall doing so once myself, and they were quite helpful. as long as you have an invoice with a date, that is ;)

Thanks Bob, is that a 24 hour phone line? If not, what times does it open?

Alex, yes, it was the AS. I don't know anyone who brought an Apple product from the Apple Store, so I couldn't ask them if they got an invoice.

If it turns out they need more than a serial number, need an invoice, I'll be so annoyed.

Doubtful it's a 24 hour line. It's for the UK, so whatever the business hours are there.

When buying from the Apple store, I always recieved an email confirming my order. Did you get one? I always save them.

Yes, I received 2, one was a Pending email I believe (to show my order had been processed) and the second was a confirmation. I don't think I received any Shipped email. Ah well.
The email will do?

Try finding out if there is an authorised Apple dealer in your town. They can carry out all repairs under warranty, or send it off to Ireland (I think) for service.
As for the invoice, if you paid by credit card or cheque or something, an itemised bank statement might be sufficient.

Back