How Do I Dual Boot a Mac-Mini?

Sirtovin

Senior Switcher Tech Guru
I am thinking on purchasing the MacMini Duo... the 1.66Ghz model... on Apples site... I understand that with Bootcamp it is possible to install Windows XP, and have a dual-boot soultion between operating systems...

My question is complex... but maybe not to some of you... The Question I pose is this... Is it possible to use BootCamp on a seprate external-Harddrive that will be plugged into the back of the Mac-Mini? or does the soultion have to be installed directly to the inside hard-drive of the Mac-Mini?

Right now I have an Ibook... and I have a standard AMD 2.ghz Windows XP, computer... but I want to do away with my AMD for possibly a Mac-Mini... I am willing to wait till the end of the year for the PowerMac Intels... but I want to know what you all think?

Sincerely,
Sirtovin

please move this question to the appropiate forum... I am sorry I posted it here.. it was late last night.

It's not a complex question, and it should work as you intend to. Basically, you won't even need Boot Camp. It's all in the firmware. You need to format the volume you want to install XP on as FAT32 (can do that in Disk Utility) and then maybe use Boot Camp to reboot into the Windows installation disk.

Back