How do I get sharepoints working?

aluminum

Registered
I'm using a TiBook with Jaguar and want to share a HD on my desktop that is running OS 10.1.5

So, on my desktop G4, I installed Sharepoints 2 (since I'm not using Jaguar yet) and shared this folder that is on my archive drive. This isn't the same drive as OSX is on...which I'm thinking may be the problem...I'm not sure.

Anyways, I set everything up in sharepoints and the documentation says that 'now others can see this folder'.

Where?

It's not on the listed in the CONNECT TO SERVER list on my laptop. I don't see the folder when I connect to my machine. If I log on as the user of the desktop, I can see the entire OSX drive, but not the other drives.

Any solutions?

Follow-up question 1:

Sharepoints says that the sharing/permissions only affect the parent folder...not the folders inside of it. As such, does that mean this is rather pointless?

Follow-up question 2:

I have a list of 10 or so machines on my CONNECT TO SERVER list. 8 of them are my desktop all with different IP addresses that it's had in the past. One is a laptop that was in this house this week, but is now long gone. How do I erase this list so that it refreshes itself?

Back