How do I keep locking myself out?

ghyde

CCNA, CCDA
Suddenly, over the last few days, I've been getting a Lot of the following type error messages wtih Mail. I ran Repair Permissions to no advail. Anyone know how (and why) I keep locking myself out?:

The mailbox “~/Library/Mail/POP-greghyde@pop3.covad.net/
Sent Messages.mbox” is currently locked by “Greg Hyde” on host “blueDog.local.”. If you open a mailbox that already is in use, you may damage its contents.

Did Mail crash sometime recently (before the messages started appearing) and/or has it crashed since the messages started? Have you restarted at all? Have the messages all been about the "Sent messages" mailbox, or have they just happened once for each mailbox? If Mail crashed its lock onto those files might not have been relinquished and you might have to override each one one time.

this used to be a problem on earlier versions of mac OSX, especially if you crashed and parts of Mail app got damaged. Run your disc repair utility, then your permission fix. This should hopefully fix it. If not, opening the maiolbox doesn't usually damage the contents, although there is a small chance of this.

I don't recall Mail crashing. In fact, I had Very recently preformed and archieve and install of the whole system (then software update), so the version is fresh.

This only happens with secondary accounts (not my main Mac account). These accounts had worker previously, without flaw (before the archieve and install). Eariler, I stopped the problem by deleting those accounts. The problem returned when I rebuilt them.

How do I override? Esp. when the files are Already mine?? (that's the Real confusing part).

And I Did run Repair Permissions. before -and- since this started happening.

Back