How do I stop genie menus in office x

knussear

Registered
Does anyone know if there is a way to stop the sloooowwww genie effect in Office X menus. I was amused with them for the first 2 seconds, now I just want something faster.

TIA

I don't have Office X, but knowing Microsoft I'll bet it is something kind of like this:

1. Try a 3rd level submenu under Tools or Views (NOT "Options" of course).

2. In the new window that opens up find the 14th tab in third row of tabs labeled "environment" or something just as ambiguous.

3. Open that tab then click on the "Advanced options" button.

4. In the new subwindow that opens simply find the button for the "minimization/maximization transformation effects generator wizard" and run it always choosing to deinstall Office X animation components.

5. If you receive an error message in step 4, make sure you have the latest Office X patch set (it's at www.microsoft.com - just follow the clearly labeled links!) and try again.

6. Complete the wizard, restart and that's it - you got it!

:D

It's a feature. I'm with you, however I never did like it. I always thought it should have been a slide out box like in Mail (mailbox) or like in Omniweb (bookmarks). In fact, I would like to see this instead of any floating toolbar option.

Microsoft just really doesn't really get it, not even in their highly acclaimed Office X. The icons are even worse....arghhhhh.

:confused:

I must be dumb... I've been clicking around to try to find what you're all talking about, and I thought I saw it once at some time before, but I can't seem to find it now. What genie-menus?

Back