How do I tell my mac to play through my MBox?!

MissyC

Registered
i've onyl had a mac for a week so u'll have to be very patient with me....

basically i got my mac to do music editing so i've got an mbox and protools software as well. i can hear my music perfectly when using protools but i can not hear anything from itunes or even general alert noises.

i have not got other programes open when i use itunes, i've tried looking in the audio/midi set up to select my mbox as an output but there is only one selectiong, the built in audio driver, i cant see any option to add it either.

i've looked at both the apple and the digidesign websites for some sort of control pannel but nothing jumps out at me, please if anyone knows how to fix this help!

It should show up in the sound output options in both Audio/Midi Setup and Sound in System Prefs. Did you install any drivers for it?

Also does it ship with PT6 LE yet? I haven't used PT for a bit, since Free isn't out for OSX yet.

ok i answered my own question last night im feeling very chuffed, so i thought i'd put it in so that anyone else having problems can sort it. yes it does ship with 6.0.1 le now which is what i have.

it didnt come with a driver that was the problem, but on the digidesign website i found a tiny program called core audio, and this let me put my mbox as one of the output options so im sorted yay!

Monktus....

To bring an old thread back to life....

I am thinking (very seriously) about getting an Mbox and quite possibly another (used) Mac to run it with. Kind or a dedicated recording machine.

Do you, or anyone else out there, know what the real world specs are for running Protools LE 6.1? Which brings me to my next question...Does anyone here use a B/W 450 Mhz with OS X? How does it run.

I am thinking about getting one to attach to the Mbox...and I'm thinking about 512 meg of ram. Any other suggestions?

Beyond the computer and the Mbox, is there anything else that I would need to consider before I get going with this? Is there anything else that I 100% need to have before I can get this up and running?

Thanks for the help.
Eddie

Back