How do I transfer iTunes Extras to an iPhone 4s

PBear

Registered
My son downloaded the Planes - iTunes Extras to install in his iPhone 4s but, it won't unless he chooses to erase everything on the iPhone and then sync the movie. He has some music on his phone that were downloaded directly but, aren't on any of our Macs. I noticed of all the movies in iTunes, Planes is the only one with an .ite extension. Is this the reason in won't copy to the iPhone? I tried to copy the movie from both our MBP and MM of which the MM has the latest iTunes installed. Any help in copying Planes to my sons' iPhone is appreciated.

I am always highly suspicious of an app that demands a complete erase.

Questions:
Did he get it from iTunes? if so, and it is a legit app/file, then it should be able to transfer to the phone via iTunes when you tell it to install.

Did he download the right one for his phone?

How large is the file? It could be that he does not have room on his phone to accommodate the file. The alert should state that there is not enough space for the file if that is the case.

The SD version was downloaded from iTunes and his iPhone has a lot more than 1.28 GB (size of the movie) of space available. The movie was a digital copy that was included with a dvd/bluray disc that was bought online. A quick look online showed that .ite files aren't easy to transfer to iDevices.

You may find that iTunes Extras do not function on ANY iOS devices now (unless it states as so). There was a discussion on John Grubers (Daringfireball.net) Podcast recently, about how much iTunes Extra content is currently ONLY viewable in iTunes on the Desktop.

Alternatively, if iTunes is asking to erase all content to sync, I would check to see if the content is tied to a different iTunes Account than the one he uses for content for that device.

The SD version was downloaded from iTunes and his iPhone has a lot more than 1.28 GB (size of the movie) of space available. The movie was a digital copy that was included with a dvd/bluray disc that was bought online. A quick look online showed that .ite files aren't easy to transfer to iDevices.

Back