How do i write HTML in iWeb

jhd

Registered
I want to insert a page into my website that shows a live "streaming" webcam. As far as i can work out, this feature is not supported by iWeb. However, i have the "raw" html that i need to create the page. Is there a way in iWeb to enter html yourself, rather than letting the application do all the work?

I've used frontpage in the past, and that allowed me to flip between writing the html myself and building a webpage without ever typing an angle bracket.

You could use something like Nvu, or you could just edit the html file in a text editor and add the code that way.

Thanks for the Nvu tip, i hadn't heard of it before but it looks good. I'll give it a try. I only started using iWeb because it is already installed on my mac and therefore was the most natural place to start.

Using a text editor is something i had thought of, but it seemed so silly that iWeb didn't allow me to edit the html myself, that i thought i was missing something.

This is part of the necessary improvements of iWeb:
- html text edition
- external template import
- save to any web site

Maybe for next week ?

Thanks for the Nvu tip, i hadn't heard of it before but it looks good. I'll give it a try. I only started using iWeb because it is already installed on my mac and therefore was the most natural place to start.

Using a text editor is something i had thought of, but it seemed so silly that iWeb didn't allow me to edit the html myself, that i thought i was missing something.

No problem. Incidentally, Nvu is the continuation of the Composer component from the Netscape/Mozilla suite. It has a lot of nice features but hasn't been updated in a while (There are some updates in CVS I believe, but nothing official yet). Still, it does what I need it to do for what I use it.

As for iWeb, I too find it silly that it doesn't have this feature. Hopefully we'll see an update come this week at Macworld as chevy mentioned. :)

Back