How do unix/Linux rate mack users

rate mac users from one to ten

• 1 - Ya you guys are cool

• 5- ih ya what ever another platform

• 10 - ha they are worse than windblows users

Results are only viewable after voting.
Being a UNIX admin for close to 10 years, you guys are just swell :)

I was actually converted by a bunch of other UNIX admins at the LISA conference last year, there were TiBooks and iBooks galore. Before then I was basically using my SGI at home every day, now that box is gone :)

As far as how mac users are, they are much better then PC users, PC users seem to think they know it all, where mac folks are smart enough to know better, and to ask nicely instead of demanding answers.

Brian

I'm not a *nix user, despite my underpants. ;)

I however think that *nix users are awesome. I have give respect for all unix users until they give me reason not to like them. We are on the same side, as far as I'm concerned and while I could probably use a unix machine, it would probably own me rather than my Mac which doesn't get in the way.

Eventually I'll try to contribute to an opensource project. I know some *nix users are resentful at Apple for getting in on the opensource without being l33t enough to give back.

After all, any MacOS X user is a UNIX user, whether he liked it or not.

Resistance was futile--you have been assimilated.

Oddly enough, the above sentence worked two ways: UNIX users have been assimilated into MacOS X, just the same :)

Just another rant from a long time UNIX user who went MacOS X because all things that really matter (to a UNIX user) were pretty much there even at PB time, and then some (MS Office; on UNIX? Getting the work done and documenting it, without reboot)

Back