How do you browse? (November)

What is your primary browser (November)?

• Safari

• Firebird

• Mozilla

• Camino or Chimera

• Internet Explorer

• Netscape

• iCab

• Links or Lynx

• Omniweb

Results are only viewable after voting.

Giaguara

Chmod 760
Staff member
Mod
How do you browse now (in November)?

Which browser(s) do you use, as your primary, secondary, other browser?

I'm curious to see if the browser proportions have changed since the last poll .. that was in June. If you don't see your favorite browser on the list, post it and I'll add it. ::angel::

well, i like to use Safari since it's a lot faster on my ibook rather then using Firebird...

has anyone tried to use HTMLAREA under Safari? it does not work cause the HTMLAREA required mozilla 1.3 beta version... our Safari is on mozilla 1.0 (i think)...

other than that, i'm ok... even my banking using Safari is now working... :)

Well, pop-up free since realy mozillas > chimera > camino > safari since v71 > now likinf firebird very much.

I found out that this pop-up free option can cause some probs too. Some pop-ups are wanted. I know a couple of sites I needed to get into another window which was blocked until I turned off this option.
Anyway, now it's off here and I am not surfing on sites with undesired pop-ups anyway.
Btw, kill me for this, but sometimes I kinda have to use IE :(

My primary is OmniWeb with Safari as my secondary, my wife uses Safari as here primary with Netscape as her secondary.

Funny which browsers were included and excluded from the list. Specially considering the results of the last thread like this one.

What's a pop-up? ;)

Safari almost exclusively, but the dumb intranet at school won't let me sign in unless I use IE.

For personal browsing:
Safari 99.9999% of the time.
IE 0.0001% cuz of my online banking (does browser check for IE or Netscape and freaks out with Safari).

Looks like the Debug Menu is gone (or I can't turn it back one) on this version of Safari so I can no longer trick my online banking into thinking it's IE. :(

Safari plugged a second big hole here, and I don't look at my banking account on the Web, I need to face my banker when I learn bad news.

Safari is my default.
Mozilla 1.4 is for https (still not stable on Safari)
Firebird from time to time.
IE on W98 on VPC when there is really no other solution.

My first browser was NCSA Mosaic, and I first started using Netscape at the 0.9 beta.

... So I keep finding myself coming back. Currently I use Firebird as my primary and IE as my secondary.

I guess I'm a creature of habbit, and I haven't had much reason to use Safari.

I also strated with Mosaic... but now that it's named IE... it stays quiet on my dock.

I voted for IE, since I use that for everything except this site... Netscape would have to come second.

Off-topic, but I just noticed that vB 3 shows you which option you voted for with an *asterisk. Very cool.

Hi folks,

that's me again ...

My primary web-browser is Mozilla (version 1.5 is veri fast and lighter) and as secondary I use Firebird. Sometimes it's necessary to use Intenet Explorer (because the site is made usable only with IE or becuse there is no other browser) but when I need very speed I use lynx.

that's all folks.

Byez and kisses_

More than one people are telling us they use IE in this thread, while IE votes stagnate at 1. How possible ?

Well, I don't use IE unless I _really_ need to, or when I test sometimes some sites viewability. Well, now I often test pages just in Safari and Firebird, call that a lazy mac person .. :D

Yes, vB 3 shows with * what you voted. The polls have also an option "show publicly who voted what" which I don't generally like in the polls .. and, a poll can be added with a few clicks to a thread, without having to create a new poll and merge it to the old thread. Cool. :)

The main browser I use is Netscape 7.1 on my linux box (I voted netscape), but on my mac there is only one way to go: Safari

Back