How do you browse? (November)

What is your primary browser (November)?

• Safari

• Firebird

• Mozilla

• Camino or Chimera

• Internet Explorer

• Netscape

• iCab

• Links or Lynx

• Omniweb

Results are only viewable after voting.
Giaguara said:
Yes, vB 3 shows with * what you voted.

I don't see a * next to anything in the poll... Oh, maybe it is because the browser with the longest history with Mac OS X (and got more votes than Chimera, iCab and Netscape put together in another poll of this kind) isn't represented.

But hey, at least Lynx is represented in the poll.

I think I am the only regular user of IE. Other people use it occasionally, but I use it all the time.

i'm still waiting for any iCab user to post in this forum...

anyone? :)

for the record, i have Safari (primary), Firebird (IE replacement) and Netscape (for web standard)...

I am currently using Safari on my iMac. I finally got the router, and I hooked everything up and it works great... I just need to thread it between 2 walls, move all my data, and it will be done.

I like it, except that it's too dinglebatting slow! My po' iMac performs *cough* so well in Jaguar, it's annoying. I almost might as well be using Netscape in Classic.

I'll probably alternate between OS 9 and OS X... OS X is nice, but it's too slow for a lot of the stuff I do, and there's a hole... well, you guys know.

BTW - I try to check out macosx.com using IE on the XP boxes at school.... yikes but is it awful! The boxes are seriously underpowered K6s with (I almost want to lie) 64 megs of ram and 800x600 displays, but I don't think that's the reason the site looks so bad.

chevy said:
I also strated with Mosaic... but now that it's named IE... it stays quiet on my dock.
Huh? I didn't think Internet Explorer was based on Mosiac, but this says otherwise:
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Internet-Explorer said:
Internet Explorer started out as the Spyglass browser before being bought by Microsoft. Spyglass in turn was based on the Mosaic web browser from NCSA, one of the first graphical web browsers.

You learn something new every day. :)

toast said:
More than one people are telling us they use IE in this thread, while IE votes stagnate at 1. How possible ?
The poll what what our "primary" browser is... People are also listing ther 2nd & 3rd browsers in thier postings.

RacerX said:
...Oh, maybe it is because the browser with the longest history with Mac OS X (and got more votes than Chimera, iCab and Netscape put together in another poll of this kind) isn't represented...
Okay, I'll bite.

Which one is that RacerX?

Firebird actually shows the color tags on vBulletin, Woltlab etc boards like they probably should show up. So this shot is from the [color] selection of the reply in here ... I had never seen this thing ..

Attachments

• VB_colors_firebird.jpg
    VB_colors_firebird.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 5
TommyWillBe said:
RacerX said:
...Oh, maybe it is because the browser with the longest history with Mac OS X (and got more votes than Chimera, iCab and Netscape put together in another poll of this kind) isn't represented...

Okay, I'll bite.

Which one is that RacerX

It's OmniWeb ;)

Back