How do YOU clean your iBook?

themacko

Barking at the moon.
I've had my iBook 500 for about 3 months now, and it goes with me to class everyday in my backpack. The nice polished case long ago vanished and now it's a scuffed, spotted worn look.

It still feels smooth, like there isn't much physical damage but you can tell it's definately been used. Has anyone found a way to polish their iBook back up?

1. Get a CLEAN 5 gallon bucket.
2. Pour 1 gallon of Clorox Bleach in the 5 gallon bucket.
3. Add 3.5 gallons of water to the bucket (careful not to splash the bleach on you).
4. Add 1 pound of salt to the 5 gallon bucket.
5. Stir Stir Stir.
6. Open iBook and set the display at 90 degrees relative to the keyboard.
7. Turn on iBook WITHOUT BEING PLUGGED INTO A WALL SOCKET.
8. Dunk, yes, Dunk the iBook completely into the 5 gallon bucket.

Pros: Bleach will remove ALL scuffs and scratches from the surface (including the silver paint).

Cons: Salt ensures more than adequate ionic strength for the completely dissociated sodium chloride solution such that any stray static voltage and current are removed from the iBook plastic case (and innards).

DISCLAIMER: THIS PROCEDURE WILL RENDOR YOUR iBOOK COMPLETELY USELESS, BUT IT WILL BE DAMN CLEAN AND FREE OF STATIC CHARGE.

chemistry_geek

Originally posted by chemistry_geek
1. Get a CLEAN 5 gallon bucket.
2. Pour 1 gallon of Clorox Bleach in the 5 gallon bucket.
3. Add 3.5 gallons of water to the bucket (careful not to splash the bleach on you).
4. Add 1 pound of salt to the 5 gallon bucket.
5. Stir Stir Stir.
6. Open iBook and set the display at 90 degrees relative to the keyboard.
7. Turn on iBook WITHOUT BEING PLUGGED INTO A WALL SOCKET.
8. Dunk, yes, Dunk the iBook completely into the 5 gallon bucket.

Pros: Bleach will remove ALL scuffs and scratches from the surface (including the silver paint).

Cons: Salt ensures more than adequate ionic strength for the completely dissociated sodium chloride solution such that any stray static voltage and current are removed from the iBook plastic case (and innards).

DISCLAIMER: THIS PROCEDURE WILL RENDOR YOUR iBOOK COMPLETELY USELESS, BUT IT WILL BE DAMN CLEAN AND FREE OF STATIC CHARGE.

chemistry_geek

You are better at comedy than me, I know when I'm defeated. Congratulations

try some plastic polish, like meguirs (car stuff brand). check out your local auto barn/pep boys, and check their detailing section.

polish and wax that ibook. it will be so smoooth and shiney.

Back