how do you feel about..

edX

mac shaman
getting rid of all discussions of p2p and file sharing clients? frankly they're almost imposible to keep in control for very long, they really do serve little purpose other than pirating, and they're really pretty self explanatory. about the only threads we ever have are for which one is best.

somebody dragging out an old one from june of last year and talking about downloading mp3's kind of felt like the last straw on this to me.

any thoughts? :confused:

was it just coincidence that somebody trashed a bunch of those threads this morning?

i don't know ... I mean, I understand that we shouldn't allow the discussion of pirating and using p2p apps are pretty much used for music and music pirating alone. I just don't know if it would create more of a hassle with certain members that it would be worth.

i guess my feeling about that is that those are the very ones who make the subject a hassle as it is. if people would just get the idea that you don't mention illegal activities, then it wouldn't bother me. i mean, all they do is debate 'em, they rarely actually help each other with them. and eventually somebody has to say how such and such gets them better music or more apps. i don't know. i just noticed 2 more of these things i never heard of on VT in the last 2 days. i guess there's just something about the whole pirating culture that bothers me. it only adds to the reasons people don't bother to port to macs.

Back