How do you know if an Mp4 or M4v will work on a given ipod

pixmaniowa

Registered
Hi there!
My current workflow for ripping dvd's is to use handbrake to make an MKV file for use with my TV then use the Elgato H.264 to convert the files I want to watch on my ipod. I have an ipod Classic 160GB right now but will be getting an iPhone shortly.
I previously had and iPod Touch 2nd Gen. Many of the files I have in my iPhoto library will not play on my iPod Classic that WOULD work on the Touch. What's up with that?
How can I look at an mp4 or m4v and know if it is going to work on both? I have looked at Get Info for the file and don't really Grok anything from that.
Could someone suggest settings for conversion that will set the movie file up for widescreen play that will still play on the Classic? Or give me any advice at all on this?
Thanks,
Robert

I recommend you a Video Converter

Dawnark Video Converter for Mac,It could easily Converter MP4, H.264, AVI, MP3, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, M etc. with super fast Video Converter speed and excellent image and sound quality.

This best Video Converter for Mac works perfectly with almost all the popular video/audio players, such as iPod touch, iPod nano, iPod classic, iPhone etc.

Back