How do you remove albums from Music?

TuckerdogAVL

Registered
Hi. I really stopped attempting anything with Apple Music once iTunes disappeared. However, I've finally decided to make copies of CDs so I can actually enjoy music I've purchased. My 22 year old CD/DVD writer/player isn't having any issues importing (the 2020 LG died), so that's a good thing.

Here's my question: For some reason, I have about 50 songs that are marked as "albums" and I can't figure out how to "Just simply" remove them from there. I don't want to remove them from the library; I don't want to remove them from playlists. I want to remove them where they are noted as "albums." And, yes, there actually are some albums in the albums.

I sort of understand why, if I imported just one song from a source, that might be noted as an album. However, what doesn't make sense at all is there are 15 songs from one CD that show up as albums individually. Each song has a picture of the album in albums. How do I get this fixed?
I also discovered that my music was being saved in, for example, Music/Media/Media/Music/Music, then title of song. I went in and changed location and I think everything magically moved to Music/Media/Music. Close enough.

Attached is a screen capture of a sample area. All of these are singles.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 5.59.31 PMEST.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 5.59.31 PMEST.png
    726.8 KB · Views: 2
What do I click on then to remove them from albums? Sorry, confused. Just trying to clean it up. Not looking to play them (I will be using the playlists). I'm thinking the issue might be that when I originally saved the songs, I didn't save the whole album, just songs from the albums. So, MUSIC shows the one song as an album since it was saved individually. Make sense?So, the way to fix this would be to remove (delete) the individual songs, or to import the entire CD and click "replace" the ones that are already there ... then they may all show up under album.

If you'll be using a playlist, then what do you care whether they're in an album or not?
If you use my original instructions, all songs will be alphabetical by name or artist--your call.

If you'll be using a playlist, then what do you care whether they're in an album or not?
If you use my original instructions, all songs will be alphabetical by name or artist--your call.
Because I like things to be neat. :) And it's easier to delete an entire album if you want instead of one at a time. And, the albums with just one song on them are confusing. The playlists are confusing as it is.

When you're listing to an original cast album, for example, "by artist" will list the person singing and not the title of the show ... And, in the "songs" they aren't listed alphabetically by album title, they are alphabetical as you note, by artist.
But, I get it. Much easier if you're looking for Beyonce or Flo Rida then if you're looking for Mozart's Piano Concertos. I'll keep stumbling around. No worries. Thanks for responding.

Any idea how to "just simply" delete a playlist? Not import one, or export one, or consolidate one, or share one, or burn to a disc, or sort, or show lyrics, or organize, or show duplicates. Just delete. Don't want to delete the music in it, in the library with the professor, holding the candlestick :) Just want to delete the playlist.

Any idea how to "just simply" delete a playlist? Not import one, or export one, or consolidate one, or share one, or burn to a disc, or sort, or show lyrics, or organize, or show duplicates. Just delete. Didn't want to delete the music in it, in the library with the professor, holding the candlestick :) Apparently, in this case, delete just deletes the playlist and not the tunes. I did a test first since there wasn't a reason to assume it would just delete the playlist and not what was in it. That was easy for a change.

Back