How Do You Remove Apps?

FlashMac

Registered
Hello

I've had a look at the PDF manual and the Finger Tips but I can't figure out how to remove Apps - all I want to do is get rid of Stocks as I will never need it.

Please note I'm looking for an official Apple-sanctioned solution, it must be possible.

I did a web search and most solutions involved hacking and installing file browsers and whatnot. Mine is not a hacked phone, its straight O2 all above board and I'd like to keep it that way.

If you can add apps off the Apple website you must be able to remove them.

Any advice much appreciated.

My understanding is that it is not possible to add or remove apps without hacking the phone.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say you can "add apps off the Apple website"? Are you sure you're not thinking of their Web apps directory? Apple has been cunningly ambiguous about the difference between a 3rd party app and a web app -- it won't be until February next year we'll see apple-sanctioned applications for the iPhone.

Yeah thats what I mean.
I can't believe you can't remove Stocks, I mean, I know the iPhone isn't cheap but on what planet does everyone have a stock market portfolio? We're not even given the choice to opt out of being part of the problem? The race is doomed.

Not really getting that Friday feeling today.

Back