How is Quark 6.0

Natobasso said:
Another freelance graphic designer chimes in… :)

Just use Quark 4.1 in Classic. There's hardly any hassles

What about the frequent lack of redraw that quark doesnt allow classic to do?

That is so annoying, have to keep minimizing windows in order to see what your doing.

I have found that if you keep rulers off that redraw is much better and actually works in most cases. Also if you lose a redraw you can just hit F7 twice which will toggle the guides on and off.

Another freelance graphic designer chimes in…

Just use Quark 4.1 in Classic. There's hardly any hassles

I almost agree.. It is not often I experience problems with quark 4.1 in classic. What enoys me though is the time you waste when printing or distilling a job.. It can take a huge amount of time, where there are no possibilities to continue your work in Quark. Tho open/save dialogbox and the fact that you can't use long file names also is a constant factor that irritates me.

What about the frequent lack of redraw that quark doesnt allow classic to do?

That is so annoying, have to keep minimizing windows in order to see what your doing.

Reasently i downloaded an extension that takes here care of this... works like a charm..

here

I startet running thru ID 2 this weekend. and will use eventually sparetime to get more aquanted with it..

Thx so much for your help guys. You've all beenm great..

Thanks for the great Extension download! I am downloading it right now.

As for long file names, you are on a mac so this should be a non issue, especially if you are using OS X. I just use abbreviations like this to give me info about my document: cerec_fullpage.qxd. And my file names can get even longer than this sometimes. Just don't use any other characters other than "_" because if you ever want to bring your .qxd over to a pc, you want the file name to remain the same (at least I do!) ;)

Back