How long before....

When will Apple start to serialize Mac OS?

• Mac OS X 10.3

• Mac OS XI or later

• Never

• They already do, but we just don't know it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

sfish

Fark Lover
So how long do you think it will be before Apple starts asking users to serialize their copies of Mac OS like everyone has to do with Windows? I'm guessing it won't be long since so many people pirate their OS and this would help Apple track those who do. It might not be as soon as 10.3, but you never know.

There's something about the mac community that makes them more willing to pay for their software than the windows or linux communities.

In windows, I think there is more theft. Mac people understand that the only way to keep their platform alive is to cough up the money. That's not true in windows. With linux, the expectation is that software should be free. People will commonly choose a free version even if it's not as nice to use.

Apple will serialize their OS when people stop paying for it.

Vanguard

PS On a seperate topic, I bet that about 90% of their OS upgrades will happen in the first week. After that, it will either come with the machine or people won't buy it. That's different from windows where the upgrades trickle in for years.

Ok. I would remove it if I had the ability to, but they don't give non-moderators that ability. Seems like a silly rule, but I'm more than willing to comply.

Sorry for cluttering up this forum.

Back