How make Acrobat the default .pdf viewer?

DPM75

Registered
Hello,

I have been upgrading some of the software on my girlfriends ibook. It's running OS X (10.2.8) and I've downloaded Acrobat 7.0 (patched up to 7.0.3). I will admit that I'm a PC user, so I'm a bit baffled as to how to change the file type associations and/or make Acrobat the default .pdf viewer.

Currently "Preview" is set as the default .pdf veiwer, I'm assuming "Preview" is part of "Safari".

I've worked out that if I hold the ctrl key while clicking on the .pdf file I want to open, I'm given the choice of "Open with", so I can select Acrobat and open them that way, it's just a bit painful.

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

First of all, no, Preview is not a part of Safari, it's a stand alone application/utility, that can process PDF files and image files. :)

To generally set the file type association, mark a pdf file, and press Command-I. A window will pop up, where you find under "Open file with..." a pull-down menu. Via the pull down menu you can chose Acrobat Reader, and after that, click on the button below the menu "Change all". Aknowledge that, and all pdf files will be opened per default with Acrobat Reader.

Thanks Damrod,

That is exactly what I wanted to know and I have changed the settings.

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
DPM75.

Back