How many have switched back to 268 from 294?

NY152

Registered
I have recently been using both builds 268 and 294 of Tiger and have noticed that to me 268 is more stable for the apps I use on a daily basis. Mail in 294 does not remember the number of unread messages in subfolders. Also Apple using graphite for the spotlight/apple menus in 294 also is a drawback. Anyone else notice any regressions in 294 and are considering going back to 268 until the next build is released?

;) ... ON topic: ADC Select members don't have 8A268 - only Premier members AFAIK, so I wouldn't expect many Select members to go back a build, which for them would mean 8A171 (WWDC, basically).

I think the "looks-argument" is futile, since Apple's very clearly still working on that. NewAqua (Panther) and NewNewAqua (i.e. Susan) don't mix very well, and I expect a more clearer picture in future builds. Hopefully, we'll see them before the end of the month.

Stability-wise, I think 8A294 is a bit better for me. And using the Graphite look, anyway, I find the newest look gorgeous.

I haven't used 268, but 294 is looking pretty good to me. Finder relaunched a few times on me, but other than that it's awesome.

Is the new aqua look going to be just a third texture, to add to the confusion, or will it be the only window texture and stay constant throughout the OS?

I kinda like the idea of only one...

We just don't know yet, I guess... Apple's been changing things in the stylistic area through the builds. But it _seems_ like 'Susan' (the new Mail.app look) will replace Aqua, and Brushed Metal will stay the same. At least that's how it looks for me now... But as I said in another thread: Stylistic things _are_ changing from build to build now, and the final picture is yet unknown.

is it at least getting faster with newer builds? I have used the first DP from WWDC a bit and it seemed sluggish compared to panther. seemed to have more of a jaguar gui feel.

With only three builds tested, I really can't say, blue&whiteman. I have the feeling that 8A268 was a tad snappier than 8A294. But that quite certainly doesn't mean the final product will be slower than Panther. We'll see with more builds.

Back